Re: [Gnumed-devel] design comment: prescription/drug ID

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] design comment: prescription/drug ID
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:04:46 +0200

> > > Actually, thinking about it, you don't need a editarea at all: have one
> > > "permanent" phrasewheel at
> > > the bottom, and a text box (wxStyledTextCtrl: lots of pretty colours)
> > > above which displays the clinical narrative
> > This is an idea I really like even if only for the standard
> > SOAP, eg. ongoing notes not directly related to
> > vaccinations/allergies/referrals/requests.
> Why this limitation?
I was not expressing myself very clearly. I wanted to say that
I do see merit in *keeping* those few specizalized edit areas
*despite* the proposed mega-phrasewheel being able to handle
their function, too.

> If the bottom line can represent any line in any of the other editareas, we
> allow the user
> to perform any clinical action from one spot: a massive time-saving, as the
> user keeps her fingers on the keyboard the whole time,
The edit areas in their true incarnation do NOT force your
hands away from the keyboard either. Else I would never have
endorsed them by any means.

> and a nice fusion of recording and performing clinical actions (a dichotomy
> we do not need to inherit from the paper system)
I understand the desirability to not inherit useless
dichotomies but I am not so sure that I understand where you
see the fusion here avoiding such a dichotomy ?

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net