Re: [Gnumed-devel] Forms and lab requests

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Forms and lab requests
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:26:55 +1000

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:57:19 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I note the inclusion of a VO for lab requests.
> > Does that mean separate VOs for radiology requests, allied health
> > requests, medical referrals etc. I have no objection in principle, but
> > I'm not sure how we would present this in the GUI, the number of
> > editareas (if we have one for each) would soon get out of control.
>
> Hm, the thing is I am currently working on getting lab results
> handling working with GnuMed. Reason being that my parents
> need that today.
That's a good reason.

> Yes, it could also mean we are going to have several request
> classes. I don't really fear that much proliferation since I
> am not observing that many types of requests in daily work,
> maybe 5 or so.

fair enough.
> BTW, I plan on at least two "ways" of entering pending
> requests (sharing the code, of course): One for it being
> called from the macro processor (think by a controlling
> legacy app), the other by going to to a "lab journal" notebook
> plugin.
Sounds good.

The notebook is going to get overloaded however, even if you are selective
about what
you load, you are still going to need 10-15 tabs for everyday work.

Perhaps we could have a tree widget on the left hand side. This is more
capacious,
more familiar to users and easier to navigate than the tabs and icons "system"
we have at present.
[sorry to perseverate about the GUI layout, but I think the status quo is just
becoming more unsustainable]
> (BTW, what is an allied health
> request ?)

Physio, audiology, dietetics, &c. i.e. "non-medical" referrals, where the
referral is on a generic form,
instead of a letter to a specific individual.

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E