Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com down? (was: test - new smtp server)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com down? (was: test - new smtp server)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:59:10 +0200

> Karsten, I believe you have root access too - can you please take over from
> here and check
I can get into the machine fine. Everything seems to run OK
there in terms of database, apache etc. Offhand I don't see
signs of intrusion in the logs. A traceroute to the IP gets to
the datacenter fine and, suprisingly, the destination machine
is known by name ! Apparently, somehwere along the route there
are DNS or hosts entries, presumably inside the data center.
On the machine bind seems to be hosed, somehow. I can't
restart it due to rndc being unable to connect to the running
named (or so it seems). Also, sudo complains of being unable
to gethostbyname(). This seems to hint at local BIND
misconfiguration (why, though ?). I am not expert enough to
meddle too much with bind, maybe Andreas can give us a hand
here ?

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net