Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: A quick one about the TWiki at hherb.com

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: A quick one about the TWiki at hherb.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:26:43 +1000

On Fri, 14 May 2004 06:56, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> I am not aware of any backup scheme being in place. Often,
> hosting providers don't provide backup services.

I have a backup server in the same datacentre in a different independent
network, different UPS, different building. Should be safe enough. The backup
server is not publicly accessible, but can be accessed via rsync and ssh from
hherb.com.

Currently it is not in use yet, I am about to write a cron script that will
rsync all the variable data on hherb.com

I propose that I will create /home/backup/hourly.cfg, daily.cfg, weekly.cfg
These will be plain text files where users belonging to the "backup" group can
simply add text lines with the files/directories they want to be backed up OR
commands of which the output will be backed up (like pg_dump output)

If there is need to use it right now, send me a private email and I give you
the access details.

Horst