Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmContact signal

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmContact signal
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:53:23 +1000

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:15:38 +0000
sjtan <address@hidden> wrote:
> on selecting a person in gmContacts, should it emit something like a
> contact_selected signal, on the signal dispatcher,
> with the id of the contact ?  May be have a signal for org_selected as
> well.   The intended use case was if and how
> contact selection in gmContacts can be made use of when sending requests
> or referrals.
Sounds good.

For organisations an event is not so important, as you usually refer to someone
*in* an organisation, not the
organisation as a whole.

For requests (which in AU are made to organisations, in DE they are not) I was
thinking instead to allow
selection of the request form in the top phrasewheel, this appears to be what
is required by law in Germany,
and works in AU, as there is usually a 1:1 relationship between organisations
and forms, unless you are
using Richard's "universal form", which of course can be one of the options.

This doesn't mean you can't emit an org_selected event, just that no-one will
be listening ;-)

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E