Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 08:43:12 +0200

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 11:02:28AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
> Which other actions may incur long processing times?
>
> - patient searches, when the pick-list must be built from multiple
> tables (e.g. "that patient who consultant X spoke with me about)?
yes, but those are *expected* by the user to possibly
take a non-insignificant amount of time

> - appointment views, if they present meta-data for each patient
> scheduled for a day or week of interest (especially a multi-doctor
> view) --- apparently, in OSCAR, this is very slow outside a LAN, owing
> to the amount of coded data assembled into the view)
Good point ! Yes those may be slow and some of them may be
time-critical (eg those everyone and their daughther uses
daily mid-consultation). IMO those should then be aggregated
by server-side views which is the fastest way of assembling
the data in one "place" (eg. processing local to the data).
We'll have to see.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net