Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxPyWidgetTests

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxPyWidgetTests
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:19:00 +1000

Thanks will read that again (I did - I'm just slow)!

I you have time for a path question, I think there is something fundamental I
don't understand about paths.

When I run wxPython2.5 I do this first in a terminal:

                address@hidden:~$ export PATH=$PATH:/opt/wx/2.5/bin
                address@hidden:~$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/wx/2.5/lib
                address@hidden:~$ export WXDIR=/usr/src/wxPythonSrc-2.5.2.8/
                address@hidden:~$ export PYTHONPATH=$WXDIR/wxPython.

I would then assume that all files in directories below $PYTHONPATH that would
be found, however not the case on my machine.

When I snipped some code out of the demo into a file and ran it - it didn't
find the file it needed in a directory below the top level pythonpath.

Would you have any idea where my concept is stuffed?

Regards

Richard