Re: [Gnumed-devel] help on bootstaping gnumed cvs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] help on bootstaping gnumed cvs
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:15:55 +0200

> i downloaded the current cvs tree and i look for installation instructions
Well, downloading from CVS is pretty much all you need to do
currently to "install" GnuMed. Since we haven't done a release
yet we have no packaging stuff hence no "installation" method.
There are a few scripts in gnumed/client/ that will help you
run GnuMed from the CVS tree.

> after a tough fight against configuration files and posgresql access controll
> i managed to run gnumed/server/bootstrap/bootstrap-gm_db_system.py with
> apparent success (but tons of sql errors in the logs).
If it never says "Cannot bootstrap services." but rather
always "We likely suceeded." you are in good shape, DB-wise.
Those "errors" aren't errors that are in any way fatal.

> however i still can't log in (error is "The database account [test-doc] is
> not
> associated with any staff member known to GnuMed.") and i've got the
> impression that i'm still miles away :-/
Not really.

a) you can log in with psql
b) you can use the account "any-doc"

You are likely already there. Please ask if you have further
problems.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net