Re: [Gnumed-devel] need-to-know change to backend

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] need-to-know change to backend
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:39:41 +1100

See my comments below:

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:23 pm, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I like the way you are spelling out the things that have been
> inherent in our discussion. This leads to greater clarity (and
> is a helpful consultation tool, too - paraphrasing the
> patient's communications to establish rapport).
>
> > I am just thinking that during the process of history taking, it is
> > important to keep somewhere on screen the past history (well, the
> > *pertinent* portions of the past history)
>
> Ah, got you.

Not possible with the constraints of real-estate. You need to trade of utility
with getting screens to crammed: For a rather extreme example of what happens
when you try and fit everything into the one screen area see the tkpf EMR
project screenshots:

http://tkfp.sourceforge.net/index.php?type=Screenshots&cat=8

I find in clinically practice one does not often refer to past history in
current consultations. When one does I either flick to my past history
section, or the summary screen.

Using the central area of the screen one can easily overly the whole area with
the PH or progress notes at the click of a toolbar button.

Regards

Richard