[Gnumed-devel] Re: backing up TWiki (was Re: offline: TWiki down, can we

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: backing up TWiki (was Re: offline: TWiki down, can we restart?)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:05:13 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Horst Herb wrote:

It would certainly be less work (for me) to keep TWiki, assuming
there was no critical hole which allowed root-like access. Would
TWiki really have provided the means of getting the rootkit installed?

I am sure it was. I am close to getting the final proof.
Did you used the Debian packaged version of TWiki?  If yes and if
TWiki was running as privileged user something is really wrong.
Normally each process should run as unprivileged user and you
would in addition have a insecure kernel installed.  I guess you
will report the traces of the break in here...

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de