[Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Install

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Install
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:05:23 +0100

Hello Piero,

> Can anyone point me to gnumed install docs.
What install docs we have are inside the CVS tree. They are
not particularly good or correct, though.

> I have
> installed the pre-requisites and downloaded gnumed
> from CVS.
Good. You are close.

> I tried the setup.py script which dies on
> the second line with the message ".....FIX IT".

@David:
I moved this file to the test area as it has repeatedly
confused new users. We do have an INSTALL file to read for new
people.

> I'm not trying to make a CD just need to install on a
> single machine.
We are in a fairly early stage, before the first release. We
therefor have not fully established how to "install" GnuMed on
a new machine. However, if you downloaded GnuMed from the CVS
(as you did) you can already test it without needing to
install anything else. Just go to gnumed/client/ and run
gm-from-cvs.sh and select one of the public server profiles.
You can find an example config file in client/etc/. You would
have to copy that file to ~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net