Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:55:19 +0100

On Sunday 06 March 2005 07:52, E Dodd wrote:
> On Sunday 06 March 2005 17:14, J Busser wrote:
> > I cannot tell (still waiting for that Linux machine, the hardware was
> > defective) about the struggles being had getting the GUI going. If
> > the GUI code is being neglected *because* it is hard to get wxPython
> > installed and configured satisfactorily (if that is correct), then it
> > *would* seem to be a problem warranting extra attention.
Absolutely. For the time being our only chance it to put info in the Wiki on
what works and what does not. Users need to know before they start and end up
in frustration.

I will start with Suse right now so I put actions where my mouth is. I will
continue bugging about each distro until I have input from the peolple I
know.

> I didn't have much difficulty getting wxPython going using Debian, it was a
> rpm distro ran into troubles.
> Liz
This sucks big time. I don't care what distro we all use as long as Gnumed
will run. I am so tired of this. I love Debian for being consistent but not
everyone has Debian. I am focussing on Suse since this is pretty common in
Germany.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany