Re: auditing (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking (actioning))

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: auditing (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking (actioning))
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:01:00 +0100

> >>maybe  test_results requires a date_time() stamp for
> >>reviewed_by_clinician_when or reviewed_when
> >b) it already has a date/time stamp in the audit fields
>
> It just dawned on me that auditing's date/time stamp would be set
> because the record will have been updated as a result of having been
> reviewed_by_clinician.
Yes.

> However the information about when the
> clinician had set that flag would not be part of the "active" row, it
> would be over in the audited table.
No it would not. It would be in the active row. The flag is
set at modified_when. Only when subsequent updates change that
row again would one then need to go back in the audit table
until the flag change is found (perhaps several revisions) to
retrieve the time of flag setting (eg the archived
modified_when).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net