tooltips (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] ?search algorithm in gnuMed for patient

From: J Busser
Subject: tooltips (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] ?search algorithm in gnuMed for patients)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:06:17 -0800

At 5:34 PM +0100 3/17/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > What / where is the "tooltip"?
hover the mouse over the search field

Ah, so I will see it once I get a non-Mac client installed...

That covers *where* it is...

*What* it is... a form of "help" functionality built into wxWidgets which permits writing such "tips" into the GUI? Is it stored in a special or separate file and does *it* support internationalization? Has anything of value been identified about how it works, or how it should be implemented for gnumed, that is worth putting on the wiki (maybe in a wxWidgets section)?