Re: [Gnumed-devel] cheetah module

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] cheetah module
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:20:59 +1100

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Cheetah is not a part of the suse distribution and there is no way installing
> it short of downloading the source.
That's a pain.

> I recommend to change
> GNUmed in a way so absence of Cheetah will be non fatal.
Very easy. gmForms is "dead" code: the current client doesn't actually do
anything with it.
I've removed the pointless import from gmEditArea, so it should work now.
When it does get used, those modules that require it will fail, but those that
don't will still work.

> 1.)http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cheetahtemplate/Cheetah-1.0rc1.tar.gz?download
> 2.) unzip to temporary directory
> 3.) call python setup.py build ; python setup.py install
Cheetah is written in python and fairly small. It may well be worth including
it in
SuSE packages.
(IMHO the alternative to not using it is pretty much re-writing it ourselves
anyway.)

Ian