[Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] Where can I find installation documen

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] Where can I find installation document for debian sarge stable ??
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:40:15 +0100

Hello Nick,

>               I would like to start by saying that this GNUMed project
> looks very impressive. I would like to try to do some R&D for the project.
You are welcome !

> My wife is an Internist. I would like to install GNUMed on a home server
> and have her pound away at it. I am fairly new to debian sarge and looking
> for help with the installation, can you point me to any URL or how to
> sites.
Unfortunately our documentation site

 http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/WebHome

is still down at the moment :-(

However, installing the client on Debian Sarge is not that
difficult. You would need to define a source for "testing"
in /etc/apt/sources.lst. Then do

 apt-get install gnumed-client

This should install the client with all the right
dependancies. Make sure to have locale packages installed,
too.

To install a local database you'd need to get a copy of the
CVS tree under the tag "rel-0-1". You would then configure
pg_hba.conf to allow proper access. Then run
server/bootstrap/redo-v1.sh.

Or else you can point the client to the public database at

server: server2.gnotary.de
database: gnumed_v1
port: 5432
user: any-doc

> In return I will post any bugs, problems and or concerns pertaining
> to the GNU project.
Thanks !  :-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net