Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wiki is back

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wiki is back
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:49:36 +0100

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 20:29, Tony Lembke wrote:
> On 04/12/2005, at 10:56 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > For the benefit of GNUmed and with pride I announe our Wiki being
> > back.
> > Hopefully more secure than before it's now time to put it to use.
>
> Hi Sebastian,
> Can you get anonymous access to the wiki.
No. You cannot. But you can get access. Just register with the Wiki.
At least I jope that works. I will not allow anonymous write access as it is
highly insecure and leaves my box wide open to attacks. It is however
possible to register. A small gripe for a doctor who really wnats to
contribute.
> I am thinking of the important links from the home page of
> gnumed.org, which are currently broken.
I am aware of that. That's due to salaam.homeunix.com eing a dyndns entry.
My apache has not *yet* been configured to redirect requests to the salaam to
twiki.gnotary.de. It propably isn't  even possible.
Smartest thing would be to convert all references to salaam.homeunix.com into
twiki.gnotary.de. This is due to my server operating with virtual hosts. So
the problem is by design I guess. I have the domain gnumed.de as well and
will transfer it to the server soon so I can convert twiki.gnotary.de into
twiki.gnumed.de.

Unless you can teach salaam.homeunix.co to redirect to twiki.gnotary.de or
teach me how to tell my apache to forward an unspecific dns call to a
specific subdomain. The root of the problem is that salaam redirects to the
ip of my server and that connects it to the default vhost.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany