Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema changes requested

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema changes requested
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:29:51 -0800

At 12:02 PM +1100 12/7/05, Horst Herb wrote:
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
 Is it correct that in your medical system patient's go to some lab ? In
 Germany we don't send the patients anywhere but the probes.

"Probe" [engl.] = "Sonde" [deutsch]

Here we say we send the "bloods" or the "specimens" to the lab.

In Canada it might vary regionally (in Quebec they *might* draw their own "probes" in some offices) but generally here like in Australia we send patients to a branch lab phlebotomy station and they forward specimens to their central laboratory.