Re: [Gnumed-devel] icons needed for sorting documents

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] icons needed for sorting documents
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 18:59:40 -0700

Well, I didn't mean *just* an arrow, I meant an arrow overlain on top of an icon that looks like a bundle of documents that are to be sorted by clicking on the icon which *includes* an arrow to denote the kind of action that is to ensue.

My alternative suggestion was that these documents (to be sorted) be pictorially represented as being elements of a patient's chart, hence the icon would include an enclosing representation of a chart (basically a modified icon of a folder).

But if you already understood that, and intend that *that* would be too opaque, please *do* suggest anything better.

On May 9, 2006, at 3:50 PM, Syan Tan wrote:
that's a pretty opaque meaning icon.

On Tue May 9 8:37 , James Busser sent:

On May 9, 2006, at 4:14 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>> Therefore maybe we overlay, onto the head
>> and shoulder silhouette, a thin blue arrow as is used (when printing) >> to specify a multi-item layout (i.e. down, then diagonally up to the
>> right, then down).
> Not sure I can follow ?

- overlay onto our icon an arrow something like the one below (used
by a digital photo management app) except coloured blue