[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:27:21 +0100

Hi ,

Thanks to some source code I have been sent by Syan I have been able to test
what we have always proclaimed. It is possible to use our business objects
such as gmLog, gmPG2 and so on from a web interface.

Although I cannot comment on how well it works or if it is an ugly hack or not
I can tell it is possible to use a webinterface and a number of rich clients
at the same time.

Since a web client is yet another client to design and maintain I wonder if it
makes any sense to borrow html from other webbased open source emr
applications.

Can anyone comment on where webframeworks such as django or turbogears touch
this subject ?

Setting up the whole thing has been amazingly easy after guessing my way
around.

Just copy the html and gnumed.py into a webspace such
as /srv/www/htdocs/webgnumed

install and activate mod_python

edit httpd.conf to make use of mod_python for the webgnumed directory

symlink gnumed/gnumed/client to webgnumed/handler/GNUmed

run the login.html and be surprised. Nice work Syan.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany