Re: [Gnumed-devel] user contributed report

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] user contributed report
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:14:01 +0200

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 07:28:22AM +1000, syan tan wrote:

> ON another discussion group, there was mention of inadequate statistical
> functions in sql ( the example given was the difficulty of doing
> a time series analysis ),
>  Not sure if it is true.
It is.

> Is there a library interface to something like 'R' (which I know very
> little about), that could be gradually exposed in gnumed ?
You can load R right in PostgreSQL as a procedural language
and use it within the GNUmed report generator. How about
that ? ;-)

> e.g. something like " select symptoms, temperature, blood pressure,
> respiratory_rate, age, duration_of_symptoms, location from
> patient_records group by location ", and then do some statistical
> analysis function on the result.
For that we'd have to add post-processing to query results
and import an R binding. Which can be done but needs work to
get done.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net