Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: connecting to windows server

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: connecting to windows server
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:50:23 +0200

On Thursday 19 April 2007 20:49, Ruthard Baudach wrote:
> Thank you for your answer to that "problem" - I figuered out, that the
> problem had to be in pg_hba.conf. Yet I tried all the athentication
> possibilities you descriebed, and they did not work, thus I was afraid
> that GNUmed depends on the local type of authentication - what is very
> unlikely as you offer the server at salaam.?

It offers any type that postgres allows. We have sockets for unix as well as
tcp/ip for non socket OS and even over the (inter)net

> I can connect with any-doc using psql, and any-doc is member of gmlogin
> and all gnumed_v2-5, yet gnumed.py returns "On init returned false"

Please elaborate. Are you running gnumed.py on itself ?
Please don't as I have no idea if this works. Please try starting from the
start menu and please provide us with the file called gnumed.log which should
reside in c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\username\.gnumed

> Perhaps my installation of the gnumed-client for windows is broken, well,
> as I told you, doesn't matter.
It matters to me and I would be most greatful if you could work out the
problems.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hilbert