Re: [Gnumed-devel] recall the first start

From: Michael Schütt
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] recall the first start
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:17:35 +0200

Karsten Hilbert schrieb:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 10:33:45PM +0200, Michael SchÃŒtt wrote:
>
>> The client autodetect only at the first start the language.
> No, it does so each time the client is started. You likely
> mean the *database* strings language which it checks for
> being set or not.
>
> If it is not set it will try to set it from the client
> language. If that isn't possible it will ask the user
> whether to ignore that condition later on.
>
> If you want to make it ask again you'd need to edit the
> config file and remove the option
>
>       "ignore mismatching system locale"

I copy the
/home/letzter/GnuMed/GNUmed-0.2.5.1/client/doc/gnumed.conf.example to
/home/letzter/.gnumed/gnumed.conf

The Option "ignore mismatching system locale"
was disabled by #

Restart gnumed and nothing happend. I mean, Gnumed starts korrektly, but
 there was no question. ???

>> 2007-04-24 21:11:04  [DATA]
>> (/home/letzter/GnuMed/GNUmed-0.2.5.1/Gnumed/pycommon/gmI18N.py:address@hidden):
>>   system is POSIX, looking in standard locations (see Python Manual)
> Mandriva is UNIX, so gnumed.mo should be somewhere in
> /usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/ or a similar location.
>
> But it's not there because GNUmed keeps looking ...

GNUmed are right :-), there isnt gnumed.mo.

>> (/home/letzter/GnuMed/GNUmed-0.2.5.1/Gnumed/pycommon/gmI18N.py:address@hidden):
>>   Giving up and falling back to NullTranslations() class in despair.
> ... giving up.
>
> You need to create a link from the proper location to
> client/locale/de-gnumed.mo, such as from
> client/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/gnumed.mo.
>
> Karsten

Now I have symlinks for
/home/letzter/GnuMed/GNUmed-0.2.5.1/client/locale/de-gnumed.mo to
/usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES

and

/usr/share/locale/de_DE.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES.

*STOP*: the symlink have to call gnumed.mo; not de-gnumed.mo.

Now its right.

Okay, next step's are:

- - optimize the Mandriva-rpm and steps after

- - take a look to the database and work on "Therapiebericht".

see
http://salaam.homeunix.com/bin/view/Gnumed/Therapiebericht