Re: [Gnumed-devel] (no subject)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:03:06 +0200

Hello Ruthard,

> As starters in Python programming I wrote a little application evaluating
> medical scores with a very grass groot (or better disk-root?;-) interface
> to our current EMR.

I think you have nicely captured a few useful concepts in
your code:

- each score is a panel in a notebook (we can add a "Scores"
  plugin to GNUmed which holds an inner notebook with the scores)

- there are two different things to store regarding a score:
  the answers themselves and the score result

- score *results* can and should be tracked like any other
  measurement/lab value

-.modular to allow for other scores to be plugged in

- generative - common types of fields exist which allow for
  data capture while the business part of the score is just an
  algorithm operating on the fields

> It's just the procam score working for the moment, but
> others are possible
Very nice ! One score I'd be interested in as I use it
fairly often is the Wells score for evaluating probability
of TVT.

>, as I tried to design it to be modular and extensible.
> If your interested to add such a widget to Gnumed, I'll be happy to learn
> more about Gnumed and try to integrate it after summer holidays.

A few hints on how we could integrate this with GNUmed:

- make the main panel a GNUmed notebook plugin
- draw patient data via gmPerson.gmCurrentPatient()
- store test answers as text in a progress note entry for "today"
- store test results as a measurement value where possible
- eventually store score definitions in the database so they are
  easily updatable without having to change the installed client

Feel free to ask for help on any of this. We'll be happy to
get you going.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net