[Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 55, Issue 9

From: Ruthard Baudach
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 55, Issue 9
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:20:09 +0200

Am 15.06.2007, 18:00 Uhr, schrieb <address@hidden>:

The first step will be letter writing (since on of our users
wants that) which will give us some code and experience on
how to implement forms. We will take a good look at NetEpi
forms, too.

Some time ago, being annoyed from the compulsatory use of MS Word as writing program for our program I tried to write a interface for OpenOffice. I found out that AutoCorrection and AutoTest templates are stored in a zipped xml file which format is self-explanatory. On principle it is no problem to exchange these files by Gnumed (or "xxx") - created files, and AutoCorrection and AutoText will display the exported EMR-data.

Data consisting of one line can be imported via the AutoCorrection file, and I managed to do this in a couple of hours without knowing anything about OpenOfficeBasic or VisualBasic (nor knowing more afterwards;-) Data consisting of multiple lines have to be imported as AutoText, and this was a bit to complicated and time-consuming for me then.

If anybody knowing OpenOfficeBasic would create a script importing a textfile in Openoffice on start this would be a universal import interface useful for any application capable of exporting data in a textfile. For Germany a BDT-import would be fine - trying to interface my wife's Turbomed with the first Version of my MultiTest app I could only find the GDT-Interface to export data, text seems to be only exportable via beloved and praised Word for Windows.

Thus I think it might be sensible to put time in an OpenOffice interface, presumably an "open" one interfacing OpenOffice to a text file in csv or BDT format rather than writing the umpteenth editor working exklusivly for GNUmed.

Greetings to all out there

Ruthard

--
.odt - Dokumente gemäß ISO 26300