Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.2.7

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.2.7
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:24:30 +0200

> > IOW, OOo letter writing with placeholder transformation is
> > now fully integrated with GNUmed.
> >
> I tested it. Maybe in Debian uno.py is found automatically . i.e. in
> PYTHONPATH. On SUSE it is not.
>
> For SUSE I have to add /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/program to $PYTHONPATH in
> gm-from-cvs.sh
I doubt this is the proper way to go about it in SUSE. Sounds like
/usr/lib/000-2.0/program is a part of OOo. As such OOo will distribute some
Python within itself such that Python scripts can run *within* OOo
self-contained. I very much assume that there is a SUSE package somewhere which
installs uno.py into /usr/lib/python/ somewhere in the standard PYTHONPATH.

> I chose correspondence from GNUmed's menu and whoa it opens OOO. But it
> seems I have no template.
Not a useful one, anyways. 0.2.7 will come with two physical therapy report
templates ready to go. And it will come with a dialog to manage letter
templates from within GNUmed.

> How do I get one into the database.
Run "python gmForms.py test 4 /path/to/OOo/template.ott" Easy, eh ? :-)

> Do we need some kind to plugin for template handling or is this overkill ?
Just a dialog for management.

Given the combination of

a) xDT importing of patients
b) remote control via XML-RPC
c) universal letter/form support in OOo

GNUmed lends itself to be a "universal" Formulator for German Practice
Management Systems, even commercial ones.