Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ...

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ...
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:18:35 +1100

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:07:32 am Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:49:45PM -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > FWIW, I'm inclined to just use the hapi library and parse it myself.
>
> As long as its maintainable, fine.
>
> Karsten

What's hapi?

Personally It Think Mirth is the way to go because you can take disparate
information from different sources eg multiple pathology labs, and once
you've set up your queries can merge them into a common database format, even
where the hl7 segments don't always align (which I guess they should but they
don't seem to  always).

Also having MIRTH as a 'blackbox' you can route outcomes of your parsing
anywhere.

I've not found the MIRTH community very supportive in the last week of trying
to get it working, though I got one really good reply from a guy about why my
mirth was being really slow to boot up in linux.

Regards

Richard