[Gnumed-devel] Primary doctor in praxis

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Primary doctor in praxis
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:45:25 -0800

(was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Patient menu regrouping suggestion, including disambiguation of "Inactivate")

On 20-Jan-08, at 2:30 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

The first step will be a "primary doctor in praxis"
association. Next will be "primary GP". Then there will be a
tab in Demographics saying "Caregivers" with a list of
doctors, home nurses, physical therapists ...

Doctors in praxis would be a subset of the individuals who exist in the staff table.

Where would we hold a value for the patient, identifying the primary doctor in praxis?

This will be helpful where the front desk staff workflow could include the scanning of documents.

My suggestion is that when the current user is a doctor/clinician, the reviewer continues to default to the current user, but that when they are *not* a doctor/clinician, the reviewer defaults to the primary doctor in praxis