Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:19:31 +0200

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:48:51AM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> I am not sure how the clinician's decision about technically_abnormal
> interacts with the test_org's determination...
Not.

> maybe the test_org's
> indicator of abnormality should be offered as the default value for what
> is to be signed by the clinical,
A reasonable default but: assuming many results can be
marked for signing at once which logic shall I apply ?
Majority ?

> If a signer-assigned value for "technically abnormal" exists, should
> that take the place of what the test_org had assigned (not in the data
> table but) as represented in the grid?
Currently this logic applies:

- if there is no review use the labs indicator if any
- if you or the reviewer said "normal" show no indicator
- if you or the reviewer said "abnormal" show the labs
  indicator if there is any or else show "!"
  there is a FIXME to make the latter "+" or "-"
  depending on available range information

> Is there a useful way to capture or represent a combination of the
> test_org indicator, the clinician-determined technical abnormality
Both get folded into one indicator by the above rules.

> the clinician-determined clinical significance in that padding to the
> right of each cell?

I would tend to think that that should be expressed
independantly of technical abnormality. Currently it turns
the whole result firebrick-red and bold so it stands out
visually.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net