Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 01:34:41 +0200

> In what release of the server and client will this version appear?
> 0.2.9?

v0.2.9 / v9, IOW our next release

> Also, I notice in the tooltip for CRP a "standard normal range" of
>
>       ? – ? / 0.7-8
>
> so I am just wondering whether in the test_results table for that
> item, the value for
>       val_normal_min
> was null, and the value for
Yes.

>       val_normal_max
> was "0.7-8"?
No.

> Maybe the above reference information in fact represented a range
> (not a normal max) and ought better to have been in
>
>       val_normal_range
It was.

> in which case the tooltip would omit the ? – ? and would instead just
> show
>       0.7-8
> ??
It should but it is non-trivial (unless we come up with reasonable
constraints) because the following is currently technically possible:

 val_normal_min = NULL
 val_normal_max = 8
 val_normal_range = 0.7-8

which begs the question exactly what to display. This case would, in fact,
be a rather easily parseable one but labs are wont to do this:

 val_normal_min = NULL
 val_normal_max = <5.5
 val_normal_range = "normally 0-5.5 but under liver enzyme inducing
                     drugs up to 8"

which ain't parseable anymore.

I will add some code to omit the ? - ? when both _min and _max are NULL.
A Null _range is omitted anyways, I think.

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden