[Gnumed-devel] clin.operation

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] clin.operation
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:35:08 -0700

In the schema, clin.operation says

        use clin.health_issue.age_noted for date of operation

but date of operation should really be date of birth + interval since birth

If we are really using age_noted then this value should default to

        now() - date of birth

and the user can then change it in the same way that clin_when (like modified_when) defaults to now() but can be changed by the user

By the way in Kirk's record for

        post-appendectomy/peritonitis

it says

Active health issue "post-appendectomy/peritonitis" notes at age 24785 days, 0:00:00.

In addition to revising the format of the display, can we remove the ambiguity from "noted"?

- if there are no episodes (i.e. a Past Hx or operation item), output "at age <calculated age>"

- if there exist attached episodes, and if age_noted in health_issue is null or blank

        then in the narrative

                if clin_when # modified_when

                        then output "on or around <clin_when>"

                otherwise

                        output "entered/updated <modified_when>"