Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed vision and how to get there - specific

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed vision and how to get there - specific
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:08:43 -0300

Ok so here I can help.

What do I need GNUmed to do/be to sell it around (even for free) here in Brasil?

1st -  modularity, the way the client gets installed is not ideal for a Brasilian practice, too much noise on importing xDT (wich I have no idea for what purpose I would want to do) and scanning images.

Of course if my collegue the Dermathologist would have a SUPER computer with that much space lying around he should be able to install the import scan/camera module.

Lab test results are a litle worse, we are just begining to be able to access the lab server to download the little buggers from there via HTML, I do not see it in the near future the possibility of a "one format fits all" for our current labs here in Brasil, I could be mistaken though.

For example my GNUmed would have the basic TREE VIEW, JOURNAL and PROGRESS NOTES, all other tabs in the bottom I would gladly (in the beggining) get rid of ...

2nd - translation, yeah, yeah, that´s my fault ... I´m working on it :)

3rd - The feel of GNUmed, at least for me that was the most dificult part to grasp as I started to work on it. I fully support (now :) the way the tree view is implemented, but have some issues, as James said though, this *is* the wholly grail.

But it IS an amazing piece of software, just the fact that is runs on PostgreSQL and nothing is proprietary is thums up for me, :) congrats to all geek-doctors :))))))))

Rogerio

PS: I will give the "Brasilian EMR requirements" a look one of these days to see if GM can be ported to that.