Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bugs info

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bugs info
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:52:30 -0700

On 24-Sep-08, at 10:45 AM, Gour wrote:

You can access email and not web?

I do not understand...

Well now Gour (who you know already offlist that I like you) there exist arguments of convenience, and each of us is guilty at times of using the argument that is convenient at the time.

Memory and the archive will hopefully recall your arguments in favor of offline documentation, both for the ability of end-users to access it, and developers to create it, without dependence on the internet.

Now you may say "documentation is different from bugs" however if bugs are related to code and if code can be checked-in and downloaded for offline work (as with cvs) this is not an unreasonable request.

I admit that if Karsten has been subscribed to Launchpad all along and that if **while traveling** he had with him a computer that contained all the mail with attachments he would be able to work with them while traveling, however while traveling he may only have had web mail and/or might not have everything available to him.

I don't think anyone expects him to maintain full capabilities at all times to help the project and if it is not manageable to help his work on the project until he is back then so be it. I still appreciate that he is looking for ways to be helped to do what he would like to contribute.

I know you are the same :-)

PS gnumed-bugs has the capacity (which Launchpad does not) to download the postings in mbox format, so Karsten could at least take with him "offline" that information if he should need it for reference.

        ftp://lists.gnu.org/gnumed-bugs/