[Gnumed-devel] Re: Problems starting Portable Postgres

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Problems starting Portable Postgres
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:17:50 +0200

On Sonntag 21 September 2008, you wrote:
> Just for your information ... I think I´ll try it again later, but at a
> terminal with some more priveleges it worked as is ...

Had a look at it again. Please tell me again if your problem is starting a
GNUmed client or postresql server ?

If you can open the client can you connect to the public database ?

An indication for a successful start of the postgresql server from USB drive
is that the black windows box stays open.

Please add in the folder g:\PortableApps\GnumedPortable\App\GNUmed

to the file GNUmedPortable.bat

the following gnumed command line option following --conf-file="gnumed.conf" :

--log-file="gnumed.log"

This will at least produce the log file in the same folder ( on the stick that
is)

Please supply me with your gnumed.log and logfile from

g:\USBPG_v9\usbpg\tmp

This should get us going