[Gnumed-devel] Database Connection

From: Geordie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Database Connection
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:38:55 -0500

Hi Karstenn
I decided to try pgadmin3 to see if it could shed some light on my current
setup. It offered the following information loosely quoted for I did not want
to repeat my mistakes, pg_hba.conf  in Debian ident user had to have specific
setup instructions and md5 was better for beginners so I changed things to md5.

# allow real "postgres" to connect to all other databases, too
local   all         postgres                          md5
# allow some people to impersonate "gm-dbo"
local   template1         gm-dbo                           ident gm-dbo-alikes
# allow anyone knowing the proper password to log into
# our GNUmed databases
local   samegroup      +gm-logins                    md5

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               md5

The net bootstrap script worked after I remembered all the password. I even
manged to have gnumed_v9 show up in pgadmin3.
Now how does one get into the database from Gnumed? All that I can access is
the public database.
So what have I done wrong now?
Geordie