Re: [Gnumed-devel] ICD10 Plugin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ICD10 Plugin
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 22:35:47 +0100

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 03:54:07PM -0200, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> In Brasil we have the ICD 10 in 3 formats freely available: Windows Help,
> csv (comma separated values) and .xml

The Brasilian ICD 10 would be stored and used in GNUmed as
if it was just another coding system.

This is how GNUmed stores coding systems in the backend:

- there is a table which defines a coding system with name,
  version, etc

- there is another (parent) table which holds
  - terms: natural language expressions
  - codes: a code for the expression
  - a foreign key to the coding system under which
    "code" represents "term"

- there are child tables of that term-code-system table which
  extend it which coding system specific fields (think of
  LOINC which has many more fields)

> If you need any of them I can provide it.
Good to know.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net