Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:07:28 -0800

would it not be easier to just

        apt-get install gnumed-client

because even if it installed only 2.8.10-1 this should give the same dependencies (I think) unless there is some problem to install such an earlier version.

Is there some advantage to installing ONLY the dependencies (without an "old" client) and installing he client from tarball?

It seems to me that a tarball version will need to be launched from the command line whether or not an apt-get installed version of the client exists although I suppose it is possible in Linux / Debian / Gnome (or other desktop) to link some script to a desktop icon?