Re: [Gnumed-devel] the 0.4 rc� s

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] the 0.4 rc´ s
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:01:02 +0100

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 06:24:26PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Well I gave the new 0.4 release candidate a run for it´s money and here are
> some conclusions:
>
> 1st) I LIKE IT !!

:-)))

> 2nd) way to go Karsten !! , the new "Note" editor is (imho) light-years
> superior to the "old" Progress Notes Editor.

That's why we wrote it. The GNUmed strategy for feature
introduction is this:

- identify and define feature
- implement absolute minimum functionality that makes clinical sense
- second generation implementation for comfort use

> BUT ... I have thoretical question: Is it intended to Notes subtitute for
> Progress Notes?
Yes.

> I hope it is, but if it isn there is a HUGE inconsistency between the two.
Not really or rather just visually. Or rather the new widget
removes the conceptual problem with the old one.

> When I edit my encounter with the Notes everything I fill in will be
> displayed in the ORDER it is filled, so:
>
>  consultório: 27-02-2009 17:48 - 17:48 (@-1 day, 21:00:00)
> »zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz« [#75]
>    your time: 27-02-2009 17:48 - 17:48  (@-03:00:00.00 = BRT)
>
>  RFE: HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>  AOE: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>
>  -- Subjective ----------
>  ooooooooooooooo
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:55)
>
>  -- Objective ----------
>  iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:55)
>
>  -- Assessment ----------
>  uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:55)
>
>  -- Plan ----------
>  yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:55)

> But when I insert data in the Progress Notes
>
> consultório: 27-02-2009 17:48 - 17:48 (@-1 day, 21:00:00)
> »zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz« [#75]
>    your time: 27-02-2009 17:48 - 17:48  (@-03:00:00.00 = BRT)
>
>  RFE: HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>  AOE: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>
>  -- Subjective ----------
>  eeeeeeeeee
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:56)
>
>  WWWWWWWWW
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:56)
>
>  -- Objective ----------
>  rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:56)
>
>  -- Assessment ----------
>  tttttttttttttttttt
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:56)
>
>  -- Plan ----------
>  uuuuuuuuuuuu
>   (RogLuz 27-02-2009 17:56)
>
> ***** Observe the WWWWWWWWWWW line ... this is the "Patient Request" line
> and the Notes doesn´t have one,
It does but it is *above* the SOAP editor :-))  Because it
was always intended to be the Reason For Encounter ...

> but the Progress Note has, and it is located
> BEFORE the "Subjective" field, and in the visualization it comes AFTER and
> has no title, so if you are not familiar with the software is is VERY
> confusing.
Absolutely, that's why we removed that problem in the new
widget and made it conceptually consistent.

> I know this Progress Note is like this on the 0.3 client also, but now that
> we have this AWESOME Notes editor and the format in wich we view it is so
> clean, couldn´t we abandon Progress Notes
Sure - just define your own workplace profile and do not
load the old widget ;-)

We, of course, do not remove the code (just yet) because
some people may want to go for a planned gradual upgrade to
the new one. There's no problem with using both in parallel
(apart from the conceptual disconnect you pointed out).

Now, in fact, there's no reason to entirely remove the old
widget at all - people who don't want it just don't load it.

> Just sarting with 0.4 rc8 , had a bug in the search field, but have not been
> able to duplicate to send it, hope is something local ;)
Feel free to send it if you find it again.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net