Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication list doubling as optional prescription

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication list doubling as optional prescription
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:13:46 +0100

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:48:46AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> I would just wonder whether any of the proposed printable
> forms for GNUmed 0.5 -- perhaps the version that is to
> inform the hospital -- might borrow from the attached.
>

> It is smart enough to permit, along the right side, a
> place to put in the quantity (if the frequency is prn or the
> route is topical) or the duration (otherwise) and it also
> includes at bottom some instructions for the pharmacy

I believe that the first iteration of medication handling
should not concern itself with prescription matters. If,
however, elevating the *printout* to the level of a possible
prescription template is nothing more than adding an
innocent fill-in-manually field then that shouldn't be the
world's end. The layout of the printouts isn't going to be
hardcoded anyway so people can edit their own copy as they
see fit.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net