Re: [Gnumed-devel] Systems of Recording Medical information

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Systems of Recording Medical information
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 14:48:36 +0200

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 02:12:34PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> One thing I have still been wondering is where to store cumulative
> information. For example the case where each health issue inherits, over
> time, some summary information that includes the extent / severity of
> disease and future options, or the equivalent of a care plan for the
> problem. I cannot see such detail always having to be copied-forward into
> the most recent SOAP lines and therefore the most recent soAp and soaP
> lines and AOE will not contain the fullness of what might have been
> accumulated as a per-problem profile.

Per-problem profile seems a rather good term to me -- this
would be a soaP line tagged as "cumulative profile".

Now, care plan eventually warrants its own dedicated
handling.

> Some of this might be approximated by a per-problem view in which rows of
> a certain type would be filterable. Such could facilitate a view on
> *just* the Assessments, or *just* on the Plans, going back over many
> encounters. I further expect that to be able to select from among these
> rows, and to auto-concatenate the content, could enable an
> optionally-editable note to serve as a "digest" of the problem.

Sounds like useful functionality.

> Past History items, at their creation, can have an associated "inception
> note" and I wonder if it is the same or similar row that might be usable
> to contain the type of information in this use case?

It is nothing but a bog standard Soap row. It could be
tagged but isn't - because tagging isn't really fully
supported yet, client-wise.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net