[Gnumed-devel] Postgresql silent installation on MS Windows is back

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Postgresql silent installation on MS Windows is back
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:52:32 +0200

Hi,

Release 8.3.7-1 of PG no contains a fix that enables silent installation of PG
again.

That leads to two options for GNUmed. I can now build GNUmed-Windows-
installers that can install PG system-wide if it is not installed.

We could potentially provide single-workstation GNUmed versions by placing PG
in the same directory as GNUmed.

For the single workstation version the user might opt to not have PG running
all the time as a Windows service but rather have PG started at GNUmed
startup.

Take care,
Sebastian