Re: [Gnumed-devel] LaTeX contest for referral letter

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] LaTeX contest for referral letter
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:43:13 +0100

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:47:45AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> > I don't really see how the now-tiny reference would confuse
> > matters. I should believe someone being confused by that
> > (mind you, *wondering* about it is another matter) should
> > easily be confused by lesser things, no ?
>
> I get confused by lesser things and would prefer to avoid that confusion ;-)
>
> tiny helps but, to the end user, still appears administrivia (clutter)

It is, but intended to better serve them (even if they don't
know or understand it).

> (e.g. why not include a grocery list)?

Now, that's easy:

- GNUmed does not contain any fields for storing the needed groceries
- we are missing the placeholders to export the grocery list
- it is as yet undecided which grocery list to export: the patient's,
  the provider's, or the practice's
- Cochrane does not list any reviews or dbRCTs to support that managing
  or exporting grocery lists improves outcomes
- LaTeX does not yet have any grocery list style (I may be wrong on that one)

Did I miss anything ?  ;-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net