[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed to be all inclusive?

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed to be all inclusive?
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 18:37:31 -0200

I am translating in Launchpad.

Thanks karsten for the update, went from 18 - 58% of the translation ready (that was a lot of spared work :)

My question is a little semantical, but it will influence the way other health professionals see GNUmed:

Sometimes GNUmed says that the "staff member" did this of that, and sometimes (specially in document and results handling) it states that the "clinician" does this and that.

Wouldn't it be more inclusive to change all the "clinician" entries to "staff member" or "resposible" for this and that?

I ask because when a phsycal therapist or nurse would like to see and sign a exam it should need to reflect some "physician"centered view of how we do things, who knows, maybe there isn't even one clinician whatsoever in the staff of a local GNUmed instalation.

Rogerio

PS: BTW GNU*med* is ok ... I think ;)