Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Spanish translation

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Spanish translation
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:36:36 +0100

Hello Marcelo,

> > Hi. I'm trying to help with the Spanish translation. It'd be helpful if
> > you could identify strings that are not meant to be translated (ie icon
> > names).

Some strings are already identified with "icon_" or "do_not_translate".

>> Sometimes you start strings with an acronym and there's no way
> > to know if the equivalent in Spanish (which usually begins with a normal
> > word) should be capitalized.

You are most likely talking about the SOAP_* strings. Please do translate
those but keep the SOAP_ prefix. It is used to make those strings
uniquely identifiable between source and translation.

There are a few other strings relating to date/time formatting specs. On
those please keep the prefix and/or suffix intact and only "translate"
(that is, adjust to your locale) how that date would typically be shown
in Spanish.

If in doubt you can always just leave such strings untranslated and/or
ask again about specific items here on this list.

Feel free to improve our Wiki page on translation with what you learn.

Thanks for your help !