Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - appointments scheduling

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - appointments scheduling
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:47:51 -0800

On 2010-03-13, at 5:55 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do you miss a patient appointment scheduling solution in GNUmed ? Well we
> have
> an interface with konsolekalendar. It is optional an many a few people have
> complained that it depends on KDE.
>
> Well here is your chance. In the world of FOSS have a look at the available
> solutions. openEMR (GPL license as well) seems to have one and I am sure
> there
> are others. Simply look at their code and with a bit of luck you can make it
> part of the GNUmed webinterface.

It might be nice to have a sense of what it is that distinguishes one
appointment system from another.

In case it would be helpful, I described what I figured out about the Oscar
approach at

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Oscar/SchedulingInOscar

I have also heard about an approach to booking called "advance access" which is
supposed to assist to manage clinician's time in a way that keeps time
available for urgent patients. I think it better manages those patients whose
return needs are predictable.