[Gnumed-devel] Improving 0.7.6 - past history item entry

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Improving 0.7.6 - past history item entry
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:06:21 -0700

Presently, the widget OK button dismisses the dialog and so to enter a second,
third... item the user must go back and re-invoke the widget each time.

Can the dialog receive an additional button which, when clicked, would commit
the data (just like the OK button) except the user would stay inside the dialog?

The english version could be any of

        Add another
        More
        +1

... I understand that the first option above, while least ambiguous, has more
characters. More could be ambiguous as to adding more information about the
current item. +1 may be too geeky.

Also, the listing in the EMR tree does not refresh until after leaving and then
returning to the EMR tree plugin. It is arguably important for users to get
confirmation of what has already been entered, so that they do not lose their
place among multiple items to be entered.

Also, "When noted" supplies "Age:" with a white background and "Or year:" with
a pink one. However both are permitted to be left blank (which I agree with, I
would not want to force the user to enter information that they lack). So
should this background be made white?

-- Jim