Re: [Gnumed-devel] json service

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] json service
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:26:47 +0200

Am Donnerstag 15 Juli 2010, 16:07:04 schrieb lkcl:
> > didn't I mention that  ? :-)
>
> no?  hooray!  good stuff.
>
> ok, then you want to try the latest additions, 0009-0011 at
> http://lkcl.net/gnumed
>
> you'll find a "grid" gets added if you click the last option "get
> documents".  i pre-filled a pkid of 12 because that's captain kirk's id in
> the test database.

Will do asap. BTW. From the code you provided it is evident that you have
acquired a good understanding of GNUmed. What do you think of the code ?

> btw there _are_ limitations in the proxyapp, such as "if the service dies,
> the proxy barfs" taking _all_ the current connections with it.  but, if you
> can put up with it for now, or never encounter a problem, great.

Thanks for the hint.

> as for how to proceed, you don't _have_ to take my advice, you can always
> now use any javascript-based framework that you like, but i would encourage
> you to use pyjamas, and to use the widgets such as pyjamas.ui.Menu and so
> on to make the web app as identical to the wxWidgets one as you can.

That is the plan.

> the reason why is very simple: as the pyjamas widget set really _is_ like a
> desktop widget set, you can probably, once you get into it, do
> rote-conversion of every single dialog box and menu option into pyjamas,
> from wxWidgets, one by one, with not very much in the way of actual thought
> required.

Got that.

> the only thing that's going to be a bit of a pain is the separation between
> "fetch data" and "display data" which that onRemoteResponse thing shows you
> how to do, but trust me when i say that this _is_ an advantage in terms of
> UI responsiveness.

You do realize that using pyjamas for GNUmed will most likely mean more
questions for you (via mailing list) :-) ?

Sebastian