Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed 0.8

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed 0.8
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:28:49 +0200

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 01:36:50PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> While this is an untypical (*not* *bad* - just unusual and probably
> sane) request (normally upstream wants the latest and greatest version)
> I will support whatever you regard as reasonable.  For me it is fine to
> pin 0.8 to unstable via a fake-RC bug.  However it might become a bit
> tricky to get an imaginary 0.7.9 or so through to testing in case you
> are applying some fixes.  So we might decide to wait until Debian is
> really frozen before I upload 0.8.x packages.

Andreas, thanks for your support. Another option might be to
upload to experimental for the time being and only move to
unstable once the Testing/Stable transation has cleared out?
In that case, however, we'd need another package name, don't
we (ala gnumed2) ?

Anyway, here are the URLs for 0.8.rc1 once again:

        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.8/
        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/v14/

Please everyone test to help us find regressions and bugs !

Thanks,
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net