Re: [Gnumed-devel] expected: devel (not released, testing only)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] expected: devel (not released, testing only)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:37:45 +0200

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:04:47AM +0100, Richard Taylor wrote:

> Just trying to get a development (git) version of gnumed up and running
> so that I can better explore the web client session management issue.
>
> I have stumbled on getting the database into the correct configuration.
> I followed the bootstrap instructions and have a v15 schema installed.
> But from the following message I clearly need a 'devel' schema instead.

You don't. v15 isn't released (it will be with 0.9) and
thus git master == devel == v15-to-be.

> 2010-10-14 01:50:26  ERROR     gm.ui
> (/home/rjt/Devel/gnumed/py/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py::connect_to_database()
> #180): login attempt failed: FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
> HINT:  See server log for details.
> FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
> HINT:  See server log for details.

This is the client trying to connect to a server/database
which does not exist there. I would hazard a guess this is
the client connecting to the public database while you
bootstrapped locally (as intended).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net