Re: [Gnumed-devel] Beta testing GNUmed 0.9

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Beta testing GNUmed 0.9
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:25:50 +0100

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 02:19:08PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > Unpack it and find in server subdirectory upgrade_db.sh in it. Run it (not
> > on
> > your production system)
>
> In fact, even running this on your production system will
> not do any damage to your existing database. Of course, the
> recommendation is still true: It would not be Good Practice
> to do testing on production systems.

I actually do this regularly on a production system because
I want to know whether the database upgrade will run
smoothly with random live data rather then controlled test
data.

But, then, I'd know how to manually fix things if something
went wrong. And I do keep daily backups ;-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de